Heatwave fun for under 13s
Islington’s summer activities programme for children and young people is definitely on, offering a range of activities for children and young people of all ages in July and August. Some activities are taking place online and others socially distanced, to keep everybody as safe as possible due to the coronavirus situation.
Lunch Bunch gives children and young people living in Islington, the chance to enjoy free fun activities alongside a free, healthy and nutritious lunch during the summer holidays.
Lunches will be available from venues around the borough, and there’s something to suit children and young people of all ages. Find out more about where Lunch Bunch is happening and whether you need to book a place.
Fun for under 13s
Libraries are still closed, but you can take part in lots of online activities like the Summer Reading Challenge. This year the theme is the ‘Silly Squad’ and all about funny books, happiness and having a laugh.
Some Bright Start activities for under 5s are running online, like Come and Play, family Zumba and baby massage.
Adventure Playgrounds will be permitted to reopen from July 4 and will be expected to follow COVID-19 secure guidelines. Teams are working hard to make sure this can happen. Islington has 12 Adventure Playgrounds which are safe, welcoming, fun and free for children aged 6+. They are key in supporting children’s physical health and emotional wellbeing.
Keep checking this web page for more information.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Fitness classes for women
- Celebrating 200 years of The Regent’s Canal
- Islington Expert Patients Programme
- DIY training for council tenants
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Make a mandala in vegetables
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- No Barriers at Home
- Get silly with the Summer Reading Challenge
- Join Islington’s IG Lockdown Session
- Heatwave fun for over 13s
- Heatwave fun for under 13s
- Walk the Line
- Bright Start SEND family picnic