Holocaust Memorial Day
The council will host an online event on 27 January to commemorate Holocaust Memorial Day, the international day to remember the six million Jews murdered during the Holocaust, alongside millions of other people killed under Nazi Persecution and in the many other genocides around the world including in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur.
The online ceremony will include a presentation from Helen Stone, telling the story of her mother, Mrs Emmy Golding (née Kaufmann), who was a Holocaust survivor. Helen’s presentation intersperses powerful video of Emmy’s own testimony alongside personal memories of her mother.
The event will also feature music from the World Harmony Orchestra, whose musicians include refugees from around the world, as well as remarks from local MPs and councillors.
The online event is from 10-11:30am on 27 January, accessed via Zoom. All are welcome to attend; anyone interested is invited to register online via Eventbrite and they will be sent a link to the event.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington women’s football
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Free, fun family online story and rhyme times
- Islington Mayor’s Charity Quiz
- Rethink Mental Health training
- Holocaust Memorial Day