Islington in Bloom
The annual gardening competition is back!
Are you interested in gardening and helping make Islington cleaner, greener, and healthier?
Then get involved in the council’s gardening competition, Islington in Bloom! It doesn’t matter whether you’re an expert gardener or a budding enthusiast – all entries are welcome.
Gardening has many benefits for people and the environment:
—It raises our spirits by making our shared spaces more beautiful.
—It makes Islington more attractive to pollinators and other wildlife.
—It supports biodiversity and helps protect our environment.
—It brings people together and is great for health and wellbeing.
You can even win a National Garden gift voucher, and all entrants receive a voucher for a free bag of compost from Camden Garden Centre and an award certificate.
There are lots of categories to enter, whether you’re keen to transform your front garden, your window sill, or a community garden in your local park. You can enter as an individual, a community group, or even as a business in the Best Blooming Business category. This year, the judges are especially keen to see entries that have a positive impact on biodiversity in our borough.
All you need to do to enter is to send in two photos of your entry as well as your contact details to email@example.com by Monday 4 July.
Visit the Islington in Bloom page of the council website to find out more.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Islington Walking Tours
- Volunteering in Islington
- Active Spaces free fitness classes
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Islington4Women walks
- The Reading Adventure
- Retrain, reskill, reboot
- Celebrating Black history and culture
- Four accessible activities in Islington parks
- Women’s football
- Community gardening in Cally Park
- Five things to do in parks
- Guided walks
- Skills for Islington, skills for life
- Reggaerobics with Chrystle
- Platinum Jubilee celebrations
- Islington Borough Ladies FC football sessions
- Islington in Bloom
- Islington walking and running routes
- A walk in the park
- Meals For All
- Join the Cally Festival
- Reimagining the Packington Estate
- Clerkenwell Design Week
- Half term Jubilee fun
- Islington celebrates the Queen
- Free summer swimming
- What can we do together to tackle inequality?