Islington Music Camp
A number of free places for children living in Islington are available on this great new course for young instrumentalists playing any bowed string, wind, brass or percussion instrument.
Led by expert tutors from the Guildhall Young Artists Islington Programme, it is ideal for young musicians aged 7-15 years, looking to nurture their creativity and develop their ensemble and musicianship skills in a friendly and supportive environment.
With an emphasis on fun, participants will experience a wide range of music in different performance settings including orchestra, small ensembles, and choir. The course culminates in an informal concert for friends and family to showcase the work we have been developing during the course. You will even create our own piece of original music, so a world premiere is guaranteed!
The course runs daily from Monday 29 July – Friday 2 August, 10am – 4pm, at New North Academy, 32 Popham Rd, London, N1 8SJ. The end of course concert will be held at 3pm on Friday 2 August.
The course costs £245, but free places for Islington children are available, get in touch to find out more!
Contact Spencer Down on 020 3771 7003 or email
This course is suitable for those with ABRSM Grade 1 standard and above, or those who have been playing their instrument for at least one year. For all bowed strings, wind, brass and percussion instruments. Unfortunately, this course cannot accept bookings for recorder, harp, piano, guitar, accordion or any type of amplified instruments. Applicants must have sufficient English language skills to cope with course demands.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Composting workshop
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Coffee and computers
- Nurturing your newborn’s needs
- Free pottery classes
- Free art classes
- Join us on a Tree Walk!
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Go Islington 2019
- Night Sky: The Cultural Connection
- LGBT History of Holloway
- The Moon Adventure
- London’s National Park City Festival events
- Summer holiday fun in Islington
- Flying Families
- Islington Music Camp
- Summer Events in Islington Libraries
- Islington Museum and Cally Clock Tower events
- Adult learning open day
- Let’s stamp it out
- Happening in Archway!
- Clock Tower Festival