Try kayaking, narrowboating or bellboating on Regents Canal, or just go along and have a cup of tea and watch.
Upperdeckers is a varied programme of watersports sessions for people aged 50 and over, held every Tuesday (during term-time only) from 11am-1pm by Islington Boat Club. Please note the boat club is currently closed until further notice.
You need to bring a full change of clothes (appropriate for the weather) including soft-soled shoes and a towel, and the club will provide everything else, including free tea, coffee and juice.
The cost is £3 for those who can afford to pay it as a voluntary contribution towards costs.
If you want to find out more call Islington Boat Club, 16-34 Graham Street, N1 8JX, on 020 7253 0778.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Fitness classes for women
- Celebrating 200 years of The Regent’s Canal
- Islington Expert Patients Programme
- DIY training for council tenants
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Make a mandala in vegetables
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- No Barriers at Home
- Get silly with the Summer Reading Challenge
- Join Islington’s IG Lockdown Session
- Heatwave fun for over 13s
- Heatwave fun for under 13s