Islington’s Big Play Street
Join the Car Free Day celebrations on Sunday 22 September with Islington’s Big Play Street.
A section of St John Street between Clerkenwell Road and Charterhouse Street will be shut to through traffic and is open for the whole borough to enjoy vehicle free.
They’ll be mini tennis, kids cycle training, art workshops, face painting, pottery, the Little Angel Theatre plus lots of local information for families. Not to mention the play area where kids can run (and scoot) free!
Come along and take part, pack some lunch for the picnic area and bring your bike for a free Dr Bike maintenance check. Everything is free and everyone is welcome!
The fun starts at 11am and will go on till 4pm.
Please note, no food or drink will be on sale at the event but there are plenty of local cafes and shops. You are very welcome to bring your own food and drink to enjoy on our picnic area.
Local cafes and pubs have also kindly allowed attendees to use their toilets.
There is a public toilet at the bottom of St John Street that is also available.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Composting workshop
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Coffee and computers
- Nurturing your newborn’s needs
- Free pottery classes
- Free art classes
- Join us on a Tree Walk!
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- The Moon Adventure
- Summer holiday fun in Islington
- Flying Families
- Summer Events in Islington Libraries
- Islington Museum and Cally Clock Tower events
- Happening in Archway!
- Ta-ra-ra-boom-de-ay: Music Hall in Islington
- Italians in Islington
- Mboka festival showcase
- Islington’s Big Play Street
- Adult and Community Learning courses