Get fit and active with Active Spaces
Active Spaces is back! Join these FREE online health and wellbeing activities to get moving, and stay fit and healthy!
Join the Active Spaces community to improve your health, wellbeing and connect with others. All from the comfort of your home.
Kicking off with a selection of activities provided by Healthy Generations.
More activities will be added regularly. Check this page for updates
Mondays 4 – 5pm
Fun motivational workout for the whole family! Getting everyone moving and energised from the comfort of your home.
Suitable for all fitness levels, come and join the fun!
To book email email@example.com
Dancing with Vera the Diva
Tuesdays 11am – 12pm
Get yourself tea dance ready with this fun session suitable for all ages and abilities
To book email firstname.lastname@example.org
Balance and Movement Class
Tuesdays 12.30 – 1.30pm
Improve your balance, strength, mobility and overall fitness with yoga teach Jessica. Suitable for all ages and abilities.
To book email email@example.com
Tuesdays 6.30 – 7.45pm
A fun mix of dance and aerobics bringing all the sunshine of the Caribbean to your home. Get fit the fun way to the rhythms of Soca music. Suitable for all fitness and ability levels.
To book email firstname.lastname@example.org
8 Week Beginners Capoeira – Starting 24 February
Wednesdays 12 – 1pm
Introduction to the Brazilian music, movement, martial art of Capoeira. A fun and energetic way to exercise from home. Suitable for all fitness / ability levels. No prior experience required.
To book email email@example.com
Mindfulness Meditation Energy Class
Thursdays 11am – 12pm
Take meditation into daily life with energy management. Suitable for all ages and abilities.
To book email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring/text 0757 978 5053
Total Body Workout
Thursdays 12 – 1pm
Whether you’re just getting started or want to learn some new tips for exercising from home, this class is perfect for everyone. Work at your own pace on a range of full body exercises with advice from a qualified fitness instructor. Improve your strength, co-ordination and energy with this fun and motivational session.
To book email email@example.com
Bhangra for Beginners
Thursdays 6 – 6.45pm
Get fit the fun way with easy to follow dance routines from the UK’s premier Punjabi folk dance academy. Open to all. Suitable for all fitness and ability levels.
To book email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep Fit, Cardio, Core & More
Fridays 12.15 – 1.15pm
Get your heart pumping increase energy levels with these seated and standing exercises. Suitable for all ages and abilities.
To book email email@example.com
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington women’s football
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Free, fun family online story and rhyme times
- Rethink Mental Health training
- Free in-person training on basic IT skills
- Interested in cooking, planting, crafts?
- Islington enrichment home learning
- How to draw trees and the stories behind them
- Getting into work workshop
- Unlocking Potential in Children and Young People
- In conversation with a young entrepreneur
- Celebrating Black history and culture 365 days a year
- Celebrate Windrush Day 2021
- Islington4Women walks
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs webinar for parents
- Festival of Walks 19-27 June 2021
- The Cally Festival presents Cultivating Cally on 27 June
- This July at Cally Park
- Digital training sessions for parents
- Commemorations of the WW2 V2 rocket attack of Sunday, 5 November 1944