Get fit and active with Active Spaces
Active Spaces is an exciting new programme of free health and fitness activities brought to you by Islington Council’s Community Development, Public Health and Greenspace Leisure teams.
Based on our fantastic estate green spaces, sports pitches and community centres across Andover, Bemerton and Mayville estates. There are lots of different activities available from Active Meditation for Over 50s, Family Fit Tennis, Group Workouts to Music Fun! Lots of things to get you moving.
Led by qualified instructors from our trusted partners at Arsenal in the Community, Access to Sports, Better Gyms and Healthy Generations. Sessions are suitable for all fitness levels so come and give it a try.
More activities and locations to be added, with a full launch in Spring 2020, so watch this space!
The current programme is available here.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Islington People’s Rights turns fifty
- Winter Reading Challenge
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Fitness classes for women
- Islington Holocaust Memorial Day
- New parenting group: Families, Food and Feelings
- Calling all amateur fashion designers and upcyclers