Join in with Empathy Day
Empathy Day, on Tuesday 9 June, focusses on understanding and listening to each other and using books to step into someone else’s shoes. When you read, your brain reacts as it would to real events. This makes books the perfect empathy boosting vehicle. Train your brain with stories!
Visit the website for toolkits for Early Years, Primary and Secondary schools and libraries and also Family packs which children can enjoy with their parents and carers at home. Watch out for online activities in the countdown to Empathy Day from Tuesday 26 May, and on Tuesday 9 June you can access a full programme of activities and engaging online events, featuring major children’s authors, focusing on three calls to action Read – Connect – Act.
Never has empathy and connection been more needed.
For all the booklists and other resources visit the Empathy Lab website.
To download the Family Activity pack, Empathy glasses and a booklist of eAudiobooks available on the Libraries BorrowBox service visit this website.
Send us a photo with your Teddy wearing the empathy glasses and with your favourite book. Either tweet to us @Islingtonlibs or @IslingtonLife or email them to Library.Informationunit@islington.gov.uk and don’t forget to tell us the name of your bear! Open to children and parents!
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Fitness classes for women
- Celebrating 200 years of The Regent’s Canal
- Islington Expert Patients Programme
- DIY training for council tenants
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Make a mandala in vegetables
- Commemorate IDAHOBIT
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Join in with Empathy Day
- Get composting
- No Barriers at Home
- Get silly with the Summer Reading Challenge
- Carers Week activities