Join Islington’s IG Lockdown Session
Are you 18 and under, from Islington and want to get your music heard? Music Education Islington is teaming up with Small Green Shoots and Islington Youth Council to put on an Instagram Live event on Friday 17 July to feature your music.
Upload your music before Sunday 12 July, and your track could be chosen to be played in our IG Live event hosted by Jermain Jackman!
Whatever your style, we want to see what music you’ve been making during lockdown. Anyone can upload their home-made tracks, song or recorded piece to become part of Islington’s IG Lockdown Session on 17 July.
Want to upload your video? Great! First step is to grab a parent/carer and complete the online registration and permission form. Don’t worry, it only takes 5 mins. Once you’ve done this, we can send you the instructions to upload your music! After applications have closed on 12 July, our selection panel will review all submissions and let you know if you’ve made the cut!
Looking for ideas or tips? Check out our free online short courses on rap, music production and more!
Want some feedback before you upload? We’re holding free feedback sessions on 2 July so you can get tips and lay down the best version of your music. Places are limited, so send us an email to book in now!
Don’t forget to tune in on 17 July to watch the show!
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Fitness classes for women
- Celebrating 200 years of The Regent’s Canal
- Islington Expert Patients Programme
- DIY training for council tenants
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Make a mandala in vegetables
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- No Barriers at Home
- Get silly with the Summer Reading Challenge
- Join Islington’s IG Lockdown Session
- Heatwave fun for over 13s
- Heatwave fun for under 13s