Join us on a Tree Walk!
Did you know Islington streets have the greatest number of trees per kilometre in London? Or that there is a tree in the borough that is valued at over a million pounds? Or that Islington has a tree grown from a cutting of the horse chestnut that Anne Frank looked at whilst writing her diary!
Come and meet an arborist from Islington’s Tree Service to find out all the above and more. You’ll learn about the planting, care and maintenance of trees, what a native tree is, how trees grow and adapt to their environment, as well as how to identify different trees an what are the benefits of trees to us are.
Join us for leisurely walk to look, listen and learn all about trees!
See details below, just turn up, there is no charge:
– Friday 19 July, 11am – Duncan Terrace
Meet at Colebrook Row /Gerrard Road end. Approximately 1hr
– Friday 23 August, 11am – Highbury Fields
Meet at the war memorial. Approximately 1hr
– Friday 11 October, 11am – Canonbury Street tree and park walk
Meet outside Canonbury Tavern. Approximately 1hr
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Composting workshop
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Coffee and computers
- Nurturing your newborn’s needs
- Free pottery classes
- Free art classes
- Join us on a Tree Walk!
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Go Islington 2019
- Night Sky: The Cultural Connection
- LGBT History of Holloway
- The Moon Adventure
- London’s National Park City Festival events
- Summer holiday fun in Islington
- Flying Families
- Islington Music Camp
- Summer Events in Islington Libraries
- Islington Museum and Cally Clock Tower events
- Adult learning open day
- Let’s stamp it out
- Happening in Archway!
- Clock Tower Festival