LGBT History of Holloway
This guided walk is the fourth in a series of walks exploring the significant role that different areas of Islington have played in the growth of the LGBT+ community, its organisation and rights through the 20th and 21st century.
The Holloway walk reveals cutting-edge publications, venues for good times, the issues facing gay men such as the innovative record producer Joe Meek before the 1967 Sexual Offences Act and the UK’s largest LGBT football supporters club.
This free guided walk has been funded by Islington’s Pride. Islington’s Pride is run by Islington Heritage who have received support from the Heritage Lottery Fund to create an archive focusing on the borough’s LGBT+ heritage.
When: Saturdays 6, 13 and 20 July and Sunday 28 July at 11am
Where: Starts outside Highbury and Islington Station, ends near Holloway Road Tube Station N5 1RA
Duration: 90 minutes
Cost: FREE but booking essential
Find out more about Islington’s Pride
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Composting workshop
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Coffee and computers
- Nurturing your newborn’s needs
- Free pottery classes
- Free art classes
- Join us on a Tree Walk!
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Go Islington 2019
- Night Sky: The Cultural Connection
- LGBT History of Holloway
- The Moon Adventure
- London’s National Park City Festival events
- Summer holiday fun in Islington
- Flying Families
- Islington Music Camp
- Summer Events in Islington Libraries
- Islington Museum and Cally Clock Tower events
- Adult learning open day
- Let’s stamp it out
- Happening in Archway!
- Clock Tower Festival