The Reading Adventure
Monday 4 October marked the beginning of Libraries Week and to celebrate, a new personalised reading game, The Reading Adventure, was launched. The free game is being piloted in Islington for children in years six and seven.
What is the game?
Created by national reading charity The Reading Agency, The Reading Adventure invites children to select their own adventure within the game based on six interest areas: sport, music, art and crafts, science and technology, nature and the environment and cooking.
Players complete activities to win prizes within the game then, once you’ve finished one adventure, you can choose another one or ‘level up’ to more challenging activities.
The game was developed in collaboration with children aged ten to 12, in partnership with Islington Library Service and schools, which are hosting a range of in-person workshops and creative activities as part of the adventure.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up for the game online or by visiting your local library.
Share your adventure with us!
We’d love to see where your adventure takes you! Tell us which activities you’re taking part in and what you’re reading along the way with the hashtag #TheReadingAdventure and tagging @readingagency and @IslingtonBC on Twitter.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Volunteering in Islington
- Active Spaces free fitness classes
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Islington4Women walks
- The Reading Adventure
- Retrain, reskill, reboot
- Celebrating Black history and culture
- Four accessible activities in Islington parks
- Women’s football
- Community gardening in Cally Park
- Five things to do in parks
- Guided walks
- Islington Borough Ladies FC football sessions
- Islington walking and running routes
- A walk in the park
- Meals For All
- Free swimming lessons
- Islington markets: Tufnell Park Market
- Islington markets: Whitecross Street Market
- Islington markets: Camden Passage
- Islington markets: Stroud Green Market
- Islington markets: Exmouth Market
- Islington markets: Archway Market
- Islington markets: Islington Farmers’ Market
- Islington markets: Chapel Market
- Islington markets: Nag’s Head indoor market
- Islington’s Markets – Nag’s Head open-air weekend market
- Create a mural in Cally Park
- Apple Day at Gillespie Park
- Black History Month 2022
- Christmas lights
- World Mental Health Day