The Reading Adventure
Monday 4 October marked the beginning of Libraries Week and to celebrate, a new personalised reading game, The Reading Adventure, was launched. The free game is being piloted in Islington for children in years six and seven.
What is the game?
Created by national reading charity The Reading Agency, The Reading Adventure invites children to select their own adventure within the game based on six interest areas: sport, music, art and crafts, science and technology, nature and the environment and cooking.
Players complete activities to win prizes within the game then, once you’ve finished one adventure, you can choose another one or ‘level up’ to more challenging activities.
The game was developed in collaboration with children aged ten to 12, in partnership with Islington Library Service and schools, which are hosting a range of in-person workshops and creative activities as part of the adventure.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up for the game online or by visiting your local library.
Share your adventure with us!
We’d love to see where your adventure takes you! Tell us which activities you’re taking part in and what you’re reading along the way with the hashtag #TheReadingAdventure and tagging @readingagency and @IslingtonBC on Twitter.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Islington Walking Tours
- Volunteering in Islington
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington women’s football
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Islington enrichment home learning
- How to draw trees and the stories behind them
- Islington4Women walks
- Together greener
- Black History Month: talks
- Black History Month 2021
- Together greener: culture and play
- Together greener: reduce, reuse, recycle, sustain
- Together greener: homes and the environment
- Together greener: outdoors
- Together greener: energy
- Together greener: travel
- Together greener: food
- Health and social care jobs fair
- The Reading Adventure
- Love Your Local Market
- Retrain, reskill, reboot
- Celebrating Black history and culture 365 days a year