Love Your Local Market
Vote for your favourite market trader for a chance to win £50
Offering great shopping, fantastic food and a warm and friendly welcome, Islington’s street markets have been part of our daily lives for more than 100 years.
From Archway Market to Whitecross Street Market, traders are gearing up for the busiest time of year – which is why it’s the perfect time to recognise the important part they play in our local communities.
Annual national campaign Love Your Local Market, which this year takes place 16–30 November, encourages people to celebrate street markets – their importance to the local economy and the great opportunities they offer for people looking to start small businesses.
As part of the celebrations, Islington Council’s Market Trader of the Year awards are returning to crown new champions for 2021. Voting for the borough’s best traders and favourite street food stalls is now open until 7 November 2021.
Winning traders will get £200 off their stall rent, as well as the honour of being this year’s champions. But you can be a winner too! Those who nominated each of the winning traders will be entered into a prize draw for the chance to win a £50 voucher for their chosen stall.
Visit the Market Trader of the Year website for more information and to vote online – or better still, visit your local market, pick up a voting card and choose your Market Trader of the Year 2021.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Islington Walking Tours
- Volunteering in Islington
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington women’s football
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Islington enrichment home learning
- How to draw trees and the stories behind them
- Islington4Women walks
- Together greener
- Black History Month: talks
- Black History Month 2021
- Together greener: culture and play
- Together greener: reduce, reuse, recycle, sustain
- Together greener: homes and the environment
- Together greener: outdoors
- Together greener: energy
- Together greener: travel
- Together greener: food
- Health and social care jobs fair
- The Reading Adventure
- Love Your Local Market
- Retrain, reskill, reboot
- Celebrating Black history and culture 365 days a year