Make a mandala in vegetables
Join Melissa this Thursday 30 April at 3pm on Zoom to make a mandala in vegetables!
Melissa Fry is a London-based artist with a passion for collaboration, participatory art and creativity. She’s an experienced workshop leader who works with people of all ages and abilities. Melissa started her social enterprise, Engage Here, to bring creative workshops to people who have dementia in care homes. Now that social distancing measures are in place, she is putting on free classes on Zoom for anyone wanting to get creative and work with their hands.
London-based artist, Melissa Fry
What is a mandala? A mandala symbolises wholeness and can be seen as an example of the compass to the map of life. A mandala is both the microcosm and the macrocosm of the universe – we are all part of its intricate design which can be seen in nature everywhere. Creating a mandala is therapeutic. It can be used as a vehicle to explore food, art, waste, wellness, sustainability, science, spirituality, and our existence in relation to the planet and each other.
You can easily access mandala making from home by using veggies and fruit – or anything else that you may have in your home. Participants will be encouraged to upload creative photos of their creations to our online platform.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Fitness classes for women
- Celebrating 200 years of The Regent’s Canal
- Islington Expert Patients Programme
- DIY training for council tenants
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Make a mandala in vegetables
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- No Barriers at Home
- Get silly with the Summer Reading Challenge
- Join Islington’s IG Lockdown Session
- Heatwave fun for over 13s
- Heatwave fun for under 13s
- Walk the Line