Markets in Islington
To help keep our traders, shoppers and community safe we took the difficult decision to close all street markets in Islington until further notice on 3 April. A small number of market stall traders will be able to reopen for business from 9 May, to test whether new guidelines on social distancing can keep shoppers and workers safe. We hope to have a phased reopening of our markets as soon as it is safe to do so.
Islington has some amazing markets to visit. Whether you’re looking to shop for something special or buy the ingredients for meals, join the hustle and bustle created by our street traders serving the community and visitors alike.
We have four established council-run markets: Chapel, Exmouth, Camden Passage and Whitecross Street, which have hundreds of years of tradition. There are also some privately-run more specialised markets to visit, so what are you waiting for, visit today!
Now on Navigator Square but with the same amazing stalls and traders
Camden Passage market
London’s most thriving antiques village, world famous for its enormous range of shops, arcades, malls and markets. It’s a favourite haunt of antiques dealers, interior designers, collectors and private buyers and is open Wednesdays and Saturdays 9am-6pm.
Camden Passage Sunday market
Angel AIM’s Sunday market features crafts, gifts and food including cake stands, kaleidoscopes, festival headbands, handmade cushions, pop-up cards, Indian quilts, jewellery, soft furnishings, Scotch eggs, olive oil and fresh pasta. It’s open 10am-4pm. Why not make a day of it and check out the traditional street and farmers’ markets in nearby Chapel Market?
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At the heart of the Angel Town Centre, this traditional street market sells a huge array of goods and services. Head here for loads of different fresh produce, flowers, kitchen equipment, travel goods, clothing, cards, electrical equipment, jewellery and watches, and key cutting. Open Tuesday-Saturday 9am-6pm and Sunday 8.30am-4pm.
With 20 designated pitches and surrounded by quirky restaurants, bars and cafes, head here if you are hungry! Open Monday –Friday 9am-6pm.
Grafton Primary School car boot market
This market is in Bowman’s Place off Holloway Road, N7 and is privately-run on Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-4pm.
For more details contact 01992 717198 or email email@example.com
London Farmers’ Market
Selling a wide-range of produce, including meat and cheeses from farms within 100 miles of London. As well as fruit and vegetables, you’ll also find specialist butchers, egg sellers, jam stalls, mustards/sauces, ciders, wines and fruit juices. Open Sundays 10am-2pm.
For more details visit lfm.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nags Head indoor market
Privately-run selling a wide variety of goods and services.
Contact the Market Manager on 020 7607 3527/ 07817 500330 or email email@example.com
Stroud Green Market
A community food and farmers market open every Sunday from 10am-2.30pm at Stroud Green Primary School. A five minute walk from Finsbury Park station, the market also has free entertainment, including live music, storytelling and a resident bike mechanic. Visit the market’s Facebook page here.
Whitecross Street market
One of the oldest markets in London, located between Old Street and Fortune Street in the south of the borough. This is a popular spot for street food. You can find hog roasts, pies, wild and exotic meats, crepes, cakes and sweets, delicatessens, sandwiches and more. There are also stalls selling clothes, handcrafted jewellery and household items. Open Monday-Friday 10am-5pm.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington women’s football
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Free, fun family online story and rhyme times
- Rethink Mental Health training
- Free in-person training on basic IT skills
- Interested in cooking, planting, crafts?
- Islington enrichment home learning
- How to draw trees and the stories behind them
- Getting into work workshop
- Unlocking Potential in Children and Young People
- In conversation with a young entrepreneur
- Celebrating Black history and culture 365 days a year
- Celebrate Windrush Day 2021
- Islington4Women walks
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs webinar for parents
- Festival of Walks 19-27 June 2021