Markets in Islington
Islington has some amazing markets to visit. Whether you’re looking to shop for something special or buy the ingredients for meals, join the hustle and bustle created by our street traders serving the community and visitors alike.
We have three established council-run markets: Chapel, Exmouth and Whitecross Street, which have hundreds of years of tradition. There are also some privately-run, more specialised markets to visit. What are you waiting for? Visit today!
Now on Navigator Square but with the same amazing stalls and traders.
At the heart of the Angel Town Centre, this traditional street market sells a huge array of goods and services. Head here for loads of different fresh produce, flowers, kitchen equipment, travel goods, clothing, cards, electrical equipment, jewellery and watches, and key cutting. Open Tuesday-Saturday 9am-6pm and Sunday 8.30am-4pm.
With 20 designated pitches and surrounded by quirky restaurants, bars and cafes, head here if you are hungry! Open Monday –Friday 9am-6pm.
Grafton Primary School car boot market
This market is in Bowman’s Place off Holloway Road, N7 and is privately-run on Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-4pm.
For more details contact 01992 717198 or email email@example.com
London Farmers’ Market
Selling a wide-range of produce, including meat and cheeses from farms within 100 miles of London. As well as fruit and vegetables, you’ll also find specialist butchers, egg sellers, jam stalls, mustards/sauces, ciders, wines and fruit juices. Open Sundays 10am-2pm.
For more details visit lfm.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nag’s Head indoor market
Privately-run selling a wide variety of goods and services.
Contact the Market Manager on 020 7607 3527/ 07817 500330 or email email@example.com
Stroud Green Market
A community food and farmers’ market open every Sunday from 10am-2.30pm at Stroud Green Primary School. A five-minute walk from Finsbury Park station, the market also has free entertainment, including live music, storytelling and a resident bike mechanic. Visit the market’s Facebook page here.
Whitecross Street market
One of the oldest markets in London, located between Old Street and Fortune Street in the south of the borough. This is a popular spot for street food. You can find hog roasts, pies, wild and exotic meats, crepes, cakes and sweets, delicatessens, sandwiches and more. There are also stalls selling clothes, handcrafted jewellery and household items. Open Monday-Friday 10am-5pm.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington women’s football
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Islington enrichment home learning
- How to draw trees and the stories behind them
- Getting into work workshop
- Celebrating Black history and culture 365 days a year
- Islington4Women walks
- Free business training for Islington tech founders
- Have your say on safety in Islington
- Back to Better Week
- Boost your skills and launch a career in Digital Marketing
- Your invite to take part in a Let’s Get Back Together event: 4 – 8 October
- Hospitality Jobs Fair