Night Sky: The Cultural Connection
How can the night sky be used to create connections across cultures to help build a better world? Explore this exciting topic at a free evening talk with the Institute of Physics.
The night sky provides an ethereal backdrop of awe and wonder that unites people in ways we are only now coming to explore.
Richard Hechter, from the University of Manitoba, Canada, will explain how astronomy can be the nexus for connecting people across cultures and religions in an effort to help create a better world.
Richard’s intriguing research explores the understanding of astronomy across different ethnic groups, including its use in contemporary life, and chasing the aurora borealis around the world.
There will be free drinks and nibbles available while you discover the wonders of the night sky.
This talk is for adults (18+) only.
Where: Institute of Physics, 37 Caledonian Road, N1 9BU
When: Monday 15 July, 6pm-8pm
Book your free place
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Composting workshop
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Coffee and computers
- Nurturing your newborn’s needs
- Free pottery classes
- Free art classes
- Join us on a Tree Walk!
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Go Islington 2019
- Night Sky: The Cultural Connection
- LGBT History of Holloway
- The Moon Adventure
- London’s National Park City Festival events
- Summer holiday fun in Islington
- Flying Families
- Islington Music Camp
- Summer Events in Islington Libraries
- Islington Museum and Cally Clock Tower events
- Adult learning open day
- Let’s stamp it out
- Happening in Archway!
- Clock Tower Festival