Sport for people with a disability
Please note sessions have been suspended until further notice.
Find something you like and get active with these exercise classes for people who are visually impaired or suffering from Fibromyalgia Syndrome, chronic pain and chronic fatigue.
Gentle Zumba is for people suffering from Fibromyalgia Syndrome, chronic pain and chronic fatigue.
When: Tuesdays 5.45-6.45pm
Where: Sobell leisure centre
Blind Zumba is for people who are visually impaired.
When: Wednesdays 10.45-11.45am
Where: Finsbury Leisure Centre. Meet and greet at Old St tube station at 10.15am
Introduction to Contemporary Dance is for people who are visually impaired or suffering from Fibromyalgia Syndrome, chronic pain and chronic fatigue.
When: Wednesdays 1.15-2.15pm
Where: Finsbury leisure centre
Dance for Health is for people suffering from Fibromyalgia Syndrome, chronic pain and chronic fatigue.
When: Thursdays 2-3.30pm
Where: Highbury Pool & Gym
Blind Street Dance is for people who are visually impaired.
When: Thursdays 7.15-8.15pm
Where: Highbury Pool & Gym. Meet and greet at Highbury & Islington station at 6.45pm
There is a lunch club between the Blind Zumba session and the Introduction to Contemporary Dance session.
All classes are delivered by Illuminate Freedom in partnership with Better, who manage Islington’s leisure centres. There is a charge for classes unless a person has Better inclusive membership for disabled people.
Middlesex County Cricket Club is offering a free weekly cricket coaching session to disabled people of all ages.
The sessions are held every Friday from 1-3pm, at Caxton House, 129 St John’s Way, N19 3RQ.
For more information contact Raj Nath: firstname.lastname@example.org; 020 8346 8020
You can find information on this event as well as all sports and activities for disabled people in Islington on the All in Islington website www.allinislington.org.uk
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington women’s football
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Free, fun family online story and rhyme times
- Rethink Mental Health training
- Free in-person training on basic IT skills
- Interested in cooking, planting, crafts?
- Islington enrichment home learning
- How to draw trees and the stories behind them
- Getting into work workshop
- Unlocking Potential in Children and Young People
- In conversation with a young entrepreneur
- Celebrating Black history and culture 365 days a year
- Celebrate Windrush Day 2021
- Islington4Women walks
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs webinar for parents
- Festival of Walks 19-27 June 2021
- The Cally Festival presents Cultivating Cally on 27 June
- This July at Cally Park
- Digital training sessions for parents
- Commemorations of the WW2 V2 rocket attack of Sunday, 5 November 1944