Sport for people with a disability
Find something you like and get active with these exercise classes for people who are visually impaired or suffering from Fibromyalgia Syndrome, chronic pain and chronic fatigue.
Gentle Zumba is for people suffering from Fibromyalgia Syndrome, chronic pain and chronic fatigue.
When: Tuesdays 5.45-6.45pm
Where: Sobell leisure centre
Blind Zumba is for people who are visually impaired.
When: Wednesdays 10.45-11.45am
Where: Finsbury Leisure Centre. Meet and greet at Old St tube station at 10.15am
Introduction to Contemporary Dance is for people who are visually impaired or suffering from Fibromyalgia Syndrome, chronic pain and chronic fatigue.
When: Wednesdays 1.15-2.15pm
Where: Finsbury leisure centre
Dance for Health is for people suffering from Fibromyalgia Syndrome, chronic pain and chronic fatigue.
When: Thursdays 2-3.30pm
Where: Highbury Pool & Gym
Blind Street Dance is for people who are visually impaired.
When: Thursdays 7.15-8.15pm
Where: Highbury Pool & Gym. Meet and greet at Highbury & Islington station at 6.45pm
There is a lunch club between the Blind Zumba session and the Introduction to Contemporary Dance session.
All classes are delivered by Illuminate Freedom in partnership with Better, who manage Islington’s leisure centres. There is a charge for classes unless a person has Better inclusive membership for disabled people.
Middlesex County Cricket Club is offering a free weekly cricket coaching session to disabled people of all ages.
The sessions are held every Friday from 1-3pm, at Caxton House, 129 St John’s Way, N19 3RQ.
For more information contact Raj Nath: firstname.lastname@example.org; 020 8346 8020
You can find information on this event as well as all sports and activities for disabled people in Islington on the All in Islington website www.allinislington.org.uk
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Islington People’s Rights turns fifty
- Winter Reading Challenge
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Fitness classes for women
- Islington Holocaust Memorial Day
- New parenting group: Families, Food and Feelings
- Calling all amateur fashion designers and upcyclers
- We are Islington community event
- LGBT History Month 🏳️🌈
- Free Talk for Health taster
- Swish and Style – clear out your closest and fill it with treasures