Swish and Style – clear out your closest and fill it with treasures
Bored of the same old shirts and dresses in your wardrobe? Choose to reuse and bring your unwanted clothes lurking at the back of the closet to one of our Swish and Style events for free. For each item you bring (up to 10) you’ll receive a voucher to pick up another item at the swap.
Each event will include a workshop in screen printing, repair, fabric dyeing, or Japanese fabric techniques.
Events in Islington:
2 February 2020 – St Mary’s Community Partnership
21 March 2020 – Lift, White Lion Street
Almost a third of clothes in British wardrobes have not been worn in the last year so do your bit to tackle climate emergency and reduce your impact, protect the environment and save money at the same time.
More information at wiseuptowaste.org.uk/swish
If you’re handy with a sewing machine then check out the Reloved design competition and be in with a chance of winning a £50 TRAID charity shop voucher and a sewing machine.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Winter Reading Challenge
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Fitness classes for women
- LGBT History Month 🏳️🌈
- Swish and Style – clear out your closest and fill it with treasures
- Libraries half term events
- Aspire apprenticeship events
- Building the Universe, One Block at a Time
- Islington Reads