Tales from the Crypt guided walks
Islington Guided Walks launch an exciting series of walks for adults and children from Holy Trinity Church, Cloudesley Square, Barnsbury as part of the Tales from the Crypt project. This project is funded by the London Diocesan Fund and the Heritage Lottery Fund. A team of volunteers have researched the lives of the people who were buried in the Holy Trinity crypt between 1829 and 1854, and curated a exhibition around the fascinating stories which have emerged, which opens at Islington Museum on Thursday 19 March.
You will meet Beadles and Builders, Slave Owners and ‘Silkee Dan’, discover scandals of embezzlement and breach of contract, explore marriage and mourning in this lively walk around mid 19th century Barnsbury. The walks start and finish at Cloudesley Square, Islington, five minutes walk from Angel tube.
When: Saturday 28 March at 11am. Eight more adult and family walks will be held until 20 June
Where: Starts outside Holy Trinity Church, Cloudesley Square N1 OHN and is a circular walk, ending near the Church.
Duration: 90 minutes for adults/ 50 minutes for family
Cost: FREE but booking essential.
Book your place
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Fitness classes for women
- Aspire apprenticeship events
- World of Stories
- Celebrating 200 years of The Regent’s Canal
- Eyes on the Prize
- Exploring community parklets
- Vox Holloway: Freedom Song
- Islington Expert Patients Programme
- DIY training for council tenants
- Lunch Bunch
- Tales from the Crypt guided walks
- Free programme in Talking for Wellbeing