The Moon Adventure
Join the Institute of Physics for a summer of physics fun as it celebrates the 50th anniversary of the first people to walk on the moon.
What’s it like to be an astronaut? Where did the moon come from? What’s the future of humans in space?
You’ll find the answers to these questions (and more!) at the Institute of Physics’ new family-friendly exhibition: The Moon Adventure.
Get hands-on with family friendly physics experiments, be creative with arts and crafts activities and find out all about our closest neighbour in space.
Join the Institute of Physics as it celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission and the first people to walk on the moon. The exhibition will explore the physics of the moon and the history of space travel with a season of free activities for all to enjoy.
More information on the events programme, online activities and exhibition closures can be found at www.iop.org/moon
Where: Institute of Physics, 37 Caledonian Road, N1 9BU
When: Mondays to Fridays 10 July – 30 August, from 10am-5pm
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Composting workshop
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Coffee and computers
- Nurturing your newborn’s needs
- Free pottery classes
- Free art classes
- Join us on a Tree Walk!
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Go Islington 2019
- Night Sky: The Cultural Connection
- LGBT History of Holloway
- The Moon Adventure
- London’s National Park City Festival events
- Summer holiday fun in Islington
- Flying Families
- Islington Music Camp
- Summer Events in Islington Libraries
- Islington Museum and Cally Clock Tower events
- Adult learning open day
- Let’s stamp it out
- Happening in Archway!
- Clock Tower Festival