Volunteer in Islington parks
Islington’s parks and green spaces are your parks and green spaces. And there are many ways that you can get involved. If you want to be involved in management decisions, gardening days and organising community events you can join or form a Friends of Park group.
Volunteering is another great way to get involved and meet new people, improve physical and mental wellbeing, and gain practical skills. Here is a list of dates where you can join in the fun. There is no need to book, we hope to see you there!
What sort of tasks will we be doing?
The task will depend on the time of year, number of volunteers and the site. There are general maintenance jobs that always need doing such as sweeping, weeding and litter picking and then there are jobs such as building log piles, cutting back and grubbing out shrubs, and planting.
Park Rangers will provide instructions on how to safely use tools and we suggest you wear suitable clothing to work outdoors, you don’t mind getting dirty and have sturdy shoes or boots. All tools, equipment, materials and protective items will be provided, with the exception of boots.
These tasks can help increase your gardening knowledge and you can learn skills such as leading and motivating people and how to use tools safely.
If you would like to find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Fitness classes for women
- Celebrating 200 years of The Regent’s Canal
- Islington Expert Patients Programme
- DIY training for council tenants
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Make a mandala in vegetables
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- No Barriers at Home
- Get silly with the Summer Reading Challenge
- Join Islington’s IG Lockdown Session
- Heatwave fun for over 13s
- Heatwave fun for under 13s