Volunteer in Islington parks
Islington’s parks and green spaces are your parks and green spaces. And there are many ways that you can get involved. If you want to be involved in management decisions, gardening days and organising community events you can join or form a Friends of Park group.
Volunteering is another great way to get involved and meet new people, improve physical and mental wellbeing, and gain practical skills. Here is a list of dates where you can join in the fun. There is no need to book, we hope to see you there!
What sort of tasks will we be doing?
The task will depend on the time of year, number of volunteers and the site. There are general maintenance jobs that always need doing such as sweeping, weeding and litter picking and then there are jobs such as building log piles, cutting back and grubbing out shrubs, and planting.
Park Rangers will provide instructions on how to safely use tools and we suggest you wear suitable clothing to work outdoors, you don’t mind getting dirty and have sturdy shoes or boots. All tools, equipment, materials and protective items will be provided, with the exception of boots.
These tasks can help increase your gardening knowledge and you can learn skills such as leading and motivating people and how to use tools safely.
If you would like to find out more please email email@example.com
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Coffee and computers
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Islington Museum and Cally Clock Tower events
- Happening in Archway!
- Adult and Community Learning courses
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Islington Art Society’s autumn exhibition
- Anne Frank and Family exhibition
- Deaf repairs training session
- Glow in the Angel
- Free family fun day!
- Christmas lights switch-ons
- Islington Menorah lighting
- Chapel Market Christmas Cracker
- Craft particles and mulled wine
- Inter Faith Week
- Science Cafe: Cartoon Science
- Islington People’s Rights turns fifty
- Visit MakeArt exhibition