Vox Holloway: Freedom Song
Islington community choir Vox Holloway is celebrating its 10th anniversary by returning to the Hackney Empire with Freedom Song: When Gospel Came to the Empire after its sell-out success last year.
The choir will be joined by the Hackney Empire Community Choir and the Stoke Newington School Singers as well as a professional band and soloists.
Freedom Song tells the story of the Fisk Jubilee Singers, a choir of emancipated slaves who toured the United States and the world to raise money to create the first black university in the Southern States.
It’s a remarkable story which has been translated into a fabulous show with words and music, bringing around 150 singers and professional musicians together to create a great community event.
See Vox Holloway’s full 10th anniversary programme on its website
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Fitness classes for women
- Aspire apprenticeship events
- World of Stories
- Celebrating 200 years of The Regent’s Canal
- Eyes on the Prize
- Exploring community parklets
- Vox Holloway: Freedom Song
- Islington Expert Patients Programme
- DIY training for council tenants
- Lunch Bunch
- Tales from the Crypt guided walks
- Free programme in Talking for Wellbeing