An Islington People's Plaque, unveiled in October 2015.
Mary Tealby moved to London to nurse her ill mother in the early 1850s and remained with her family at 20 Victoria Road (now Chillingworth Street), Holloway, after her mother’s death. Distressed at the number abandoned dogs in London, Mary founded the Home for Lost and Starving Dogs. It was located in stables behind 15 and 16 Hollingsworth Street (now occupied by Freightliners Farm and Paradise Park) and was opened on 2 October 1860. Mary died 3 October 1865 leaving the management of the home to her younger brother Edward, who relocated the dogs home to Battersea, south London in 1871. The home still operates today under the name of Battersea Cats and Dogs Home.
Members of Mary’s family, the Battersea Cats and Dogs Home and Freightliners Farm attended the unveiling the plaque on 2 October 2015 at Freightliners Farm.