Help to stay connected
Social connections are so important for our wellbeing and quality of life – even more so during this challenging time. Lockdown left many people in Islington feeling lonely, and the winter ahead will continue to be difficult for residents across the borough.
Tackling loneliness and social isolation is therefore one of the top priorities to emerge from the crisis, and help is available in Islington if you need it. The friendly We Are Islington team is here if you fancy a chat.
Whatever your age, background or circumstances, the team can help you find local activities and organisations to suit you.
Whether you want to find someone to chat with in English or other languages, volunteer to help others in your community, get help with digital devices or would like some company when getting some exercise – help is out there.
If you or someone you know want to find groups and activities which match your interests, please get in touch!
If you need support, or know someone who does, call We Are Islington on 020 7527 8222. Or you can search for local organisations and find support at islington.gov.uk/stayconnected
- No Smoking Day 2021 3 March 2021
- Step Up to Social Work and make a difference to people’s lives. 16 February 2021
- New Highbury Pool set to make a splash 15 February 2021
- LGBT+ local history 14 February 2021
- Celebrating Islington apprentices in National Apprenticeship Week 9 February 2021
- Shereen’s apprenticeship story 8 February 2021