Islington GP practices vaccinate thousands of residents to protect them from the flu
Every year Islington GP practices vaccinate thousands of residents to protect them from the flu. This is always a challenging task but this year, in the midst of a global pandemic, it looked extremely tough.
With the support of Islington Council and its voluntary and community sector partners, the Islington GP Federation has organised a series of pre-bookable, at scale, flu clinics at the Arsenal Hub and the City and Islington College.
It has been a massive community effort that has seen practices working together to ensure that no Islington resident who is eligible for a flu vaccine misses out this year. The service has received over 2,000 bookings in just three weeks which has highlighted just how popular, and necessary, this innovative and ground-breaking venture has been.
- No Smoking Day 2021 3 March 2021
- Step Up to Social Work and make a difference to people’s lives. 16 February 2021
- New Highbury Pool set to make a splash 15 February 2021
- LGBT+ local history 14 February 2021
- Celebrating Islington apprentices in National Apprenticeship Week 9 February 2021
- Shereen’s apprenticeship story 8 February 2021