Islington Assembly Hall
From folk and dance to rock and soul, there is something for every musical taste at Islington Assembly Hall. First opened in 1930, the venue hosted a range of dances and variety shows, as well as being used by local groups for presentations and weddings. It was closed in 1980, and Islington Museum was housed in the foyer until 2009.
Islington Assembly Hall was fully reopened in March 2010, and has since played host to a wide range of bands and artists, including Adam Ant, Thurston Moore, Eliza Doolitte and – perhaps most famously – The Foo Fighters. Find out more
What’s coming up…
This St Paddy’s day celebrate with a night of Irish country music from none other than Derek Ryan! This will be a throwback to the days of the Galtymore and social dancing events in North London which are remembered so fondly.
When: Saturday 17 March
The frontman of The Furey Brothers topped the Irish charts last year with his latest solo album, ‘Paddy dear’.
When: Monday 9 April
Endearingly light cuts of folk-infused and instrumentally complex soundscapes.
When: Sunday 22 April
Courtney Marie Andrews
The US singer-songwriter merges the sweetest indie, folk and pop prangs resulting in fluttering, punchy amblings.
When: Tuesday 24 April
Check out the full Assembly Hall line-up and keep up-to-date on Twitter @Islington_AH
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Cookery school classes
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Tennis in Islington
- Healthy Generations classes
- Workshops for parents with mental health issues
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Families for Life
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Get involved in Reading Ahead!
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for females
- Saturday Night Project
- Songs of Freedom
- Want to play netball?
- Easter Fun Day
- Easter events at libraries
- Mayton Street Festival Photo Exhibition
- Islington In Bloom launch weekend