Islington Assembly Hall
From folk and dance to rock and soul, there is something for every musical taste at Islington Assembly Hall. First opened in 1930, the venue hosted a range of dances and variety shows, as well as being used by local groups for presentations and weddings. It was closed in 1980, and Islington Museum was housed in the foyer until 2009.
Islington Assembly Hall was fully reopened in March 2010, and has since played host to a wide range of bands and artists, including Adam Ant, Thurston Moore, Eliza Doolitte and – perhaps most famously – The Foo Fighters. Find out more
What’s coming up…
Friday 29 July
The Berlin based, jazz inspired DJ collective are touring their new album, The Pool!
Saturday 11 August
The pioneers of hip-hop will be with us for a night of fun with original members Grandmaster Melle Mel and Scorpio (Furious Five).
The Devil Makes Three
Friday 14 September
These three fantastic musicians combine Americana, country and blues with a punk attitude to bring you on hell of a show!
Saturday 22 September
Michael English, brings Irish and country music to the capital for a brilliant night of dancing. It’s going to be an energetic show so get your dancing shoes ready.
Check out the full Assembly Hall line-up and keep up-to-date on Twitter @Islington_AH
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Coffee and computers
- Join us on a Tree Walk!
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Islington Museum and Cally Clock Tower events
- Happening in Archway!
- Ta-ra-ra-boom-de-ay: Music Hall in Islington
- Car Free Day in Islington
- Adult and Community Learning courses
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Creative employment course
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience