Islington Assembly Hall
Please check Islington Assembly Hall website for the latest opening information.
From folk and dance to rock and soul, there is something for every musical taste at Islington Assembly Hall. First opened in 1930, the venue hosted a range of dances and variety shows, as well as being used by local groups for presentations and weddings. It was closed in 1980, and Islington Museum was housed in the foyer until 2009.
Islington Assembly Hall was fully reopened in March 2010, and has since played host to a wide range of bands and artists, including Adam Ant, Thurston Moore, Eliza Doolitte and – perhaps most famously – The Foo Fighters.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington women’s football
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Free, fun family online story and rhyme times
- Islington Mayor’s Charity Quiz
- Rethink Mental Health training
- Holocaust Memorial Day